Saturday, June 14, 2008

As I said in another post, I have been here for a year now.

I checked yesterday, and my next grade promotion should take affect no later than next pay period! Ahhh, more funds for Pearl and weapons.....HA!

It is really not bad here.......I have gotten to explore some things I only dreamed about......The desert...Although I have been on the desert before, I have learned a few things about survival here....TIRES. You never know when your tires are gonna go flat.....Water....Always keep a case of water in your vehicle.....MRE's...I got some MRE's for the truck, cause you never know when someone is gonna come by if you break down.....

A whole lot of "nothingness"! When Lisa and I went from Vegas to Rachael (Area 51), once we entered the "Extraterrestrial Highway", we saw a lot of nothing. Nothing anywhere...Between Rachael and Tonopah, we saw 4 cars.....Thats almost 200 miles.....But, we did see a lot of cattle on the road, and horses on the road......

Security Check Points......I thought I lived in America, but I guess California has succeeded.....When you enter California, there is a checkpoint where they SEARCH YOUR VEHICLE, with no warrant, no probable cause! I was told they are looking for "non approved" agricultural products, cause Northern California has some very fertile land.....Hmmm....Just more ways to invade your privacy....

I love my job! It is trying at times, but so far, its been a learning experience, and like I told my boss, I am only gonna leave if it betters me....

I do miss my last roommate (Except the cig smoke, and the nosy neighbors), but my new roommate is a blast, and her daughter keeps me on my toes! She likes to hide my remote, so she can control the TV.....Oh, and I know the words to "Sponge Bob Square Pants" now.......

Reno is a neat town...Not as big as Vegas, but just as good gambling, and a Hells Angels clubhouse!

I think one of the biggest things I miss is open air markets, and specialized food markets.....But, I will survive!

I think I am gonna go to Hollister (baring any fires or Pearl still not fixed) in July.....It is where the persona of the "American Biker" was born, and I really would like to experience that.....

Then, if all goes well, I am gonna go through Oregon and Idaho on the motor.......

All of this, if we have no big fires...If we have big fires, I just have to wait......

Vegas is only about 6 hours away driving.....I am starting to get bored with Vegas though......I guess once you travel to a town and discover how it works, how those that live there really are, you really get bored fast.....Do not get me wrong, there is something about cruising up and down the "Strip" on your motor, but like anything else, it can get boring.....One thing I have discovered, is that there is more to Vegas than the "strip" and Fremont Street.....The shops, local stores and so on......

Can any tell I am home and bored?

I am glad I took a year off from officiating, cause I think my body needed the rest....I am gonna try real hard to do some officiating in Boise, but with gas the way it is, it may not be cost affective....We shall see....

Okay, Happy Hour is on, and I need to get a shower before the VHF contest starts, cause I put up a new antenna today, and I whacked the weeds...I need a shower....

No comments: